Home About Privacy Disclosure

Thursday 29 April 2010

Wardrobe Workout, part 1

Do you have a signature style? Is what you wear important to you? How do you think you measure up in the style stakes?

I have always been interested in fashion. As a little girl, I loved dressing up in my mother's clothes. I enjoy reading fashion magazines, perusing websites and blogs, and window shopping. However, to be honest, apart from my shoe fetish, this interest doesn't really manifest itself in a physical form.

It has always been more of a theoretical, almost academic interest, and since having children, it has been even more difficult to experiment, due to lack of shopping time. Therefore, I tend to go for the tried and tested, sticking to what I know suits me. A lot of my clothes therefore are old. I mean, really old. Well-worn and well-loved, but old.

My working wardrobe I am fairly happy with. However, as I am physically spending less and less time in the office these days, and more and more time working from home, this is becoming less of a consideration. If it wasn't for the fact that I still have to take my children to school and nursery, I could probably get away with wearing my pyjamas on those days. The thing is, I don't think I'm very good at casual. I'm generally more of a jeans* and white t-shirt girl.

I need to learn to accessorise. I need to think about layering. I need to learn to get out of my comfort zone and experiment a little - however, not so much that I end up with a load of stuff that doesn't go with anything. I'd like one of those lovely capsule wardrobes, please!

My spring resolution therefore is to get out of my wardrobe rut. This weekend it's time for stage one; the big clearout.

Wish me luck.

*P.S. (yes - *gasp* - I'm still wearing bootcut; you know they're bound to come back in sooner or later. I just don't have the legs for skinny jeans. And don't even get me started on jeggings *shiver*)

P.P.S. no, that's not my only wardrobe - my other one is full of shoes ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails