Home About Privacy Disclosure

Thursday 27 May 2010

Sunshine Award & HandbagContents - 2 Memes for the Price of 1



I have been tagged by Beth over at It's My Good Life with the Sunshine Award, as well as with the Handbag Meme.

The rules:
Put the Logo on your sidebar, or within a post.
Pass the award onto 12 Bloggers.
Link the nominees within your post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

The Handbag Meme basically involves parading the contents of your handbag for all and sundry to see.

I'll be honest, I came to handbags relatively late. I have had a weakness for shoes from a very young age, but for a long time resisted the lure of the handbag. My husband still pokes fun at the fact that I used to proclaim loudly that I "didn't see the point" in having more than one bag, as it was too much hassle making sure everything was transferred from one bag to another each time. Even now, I probably subscribe to this view - I have just come to recognised covet them more for their aesthetic values.

Since the beginning of the year, I have been desperately trying to find a suitable cross-body bag that I could use day to day when out and about with the kids. I then became aware of the Mulberry Alexa, and have been hankering after one since it came out at the beginning of the year. While I continue to save up, I am using this leather bag that I picked up at TKMaxx as my everyday option:



It's a cheerful sort of colour, just the right size, and a nice handsfree option useful when running around after the kids.

There's nothing of great interest inside it, just the usual day to day stuff - my phone (a Motorola Milestone - fab Android phone, don't know how I managed without it, and the single biggest reason for my twitter addiction), my purse (I guess you would now call it "vintage" Gucci!), sunglasses and an umbrella (how very British!), my keys and a packet of tissues.

I am so thankful that I no longer have to carry nappies or spare clothing anywhere with me!

I'd like to pass this one on to the lovely ladies who blog at:


Apologies if you have already done this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails